Monday, April 11, 2011

a weekend of biking

I love the sound of the whir of fully pressurized tires swiftly spinning on recently laid asphalt.  I love the feeling that accompanies the sound; it almost seems as if I am suspended, floating just millimeters from the ground that passes directly underneath me.  In those moments, I think of nothing but "pedal, shift, smile, pedal more...".

Outside Cafe 13
Courtney and I rode the foothills this weekend. We soaked up the sun, and enjoyed the incredible feeling of burning leg muscles after the winter off-season.  The views were incredible.  We made our way up through Red Rocks, winding around boulders the size of condos, and finally peaked at the top of Dinosaur ridge.  We looked east and gazed off into the plains that disappear away from the front range, as if the mountains are melting like glaciers and flowing off into nothingness.  From there, we descended the short, steep road that is closed to traffic, and continued West.  We finally stopped at a small cafe, "Cafe 13".  If you are ever in Denver, or Golden to be more specific, call us and we'll take you there.

Much love,
-Zach

No comments: